I had few emails from the readers mentioning they would like to know more on How to gain weight healthily.
I know you have till now seen the posts on “how to lose weight” or “diet to lose weight”.
However, Today I have some different plans.
These guys are suffering from low weight or skinny hormones, I think.
The best way to gain weight healthily is to increase the calories consumption than burning those out
This means you are getting more calories than you need for your day-to-day activities, so your body has the extra energy it needs to grow new muscle tissue.
But here are few diet tips for you.
You will start to gain weight in a week, once you follow this diet.
What is Diet?
Diet can be defined as the way of consuming food with the right proportion and at the right time.
Dieting is the technique and method of attempting to achieve and maintain a certain weight through proper diet.
People’s dietary choices are often affected by a variety of factors, including ethical and religious beliefs, clinical wants, or a desire to control weight.
Different types of
But I will be more focusing on vegetarian diet.
Weight Gain Through Vegeterian Diet
A vegetarian diet is one which excludes meat.
Vegetarians also avoid food containing by-products of animal slaughter, such as animal-derived rennet and gelatin.
it´s only base are vegetables that are essential in gaining weight which means they must have a very good fat content.
A vegetarian diet should include mix fruit salad, Grains, healthy fat and protein to replace the fat they supposed to derive from clean and fish, protein-rich plant sources, e.g. nuts, seeds, and legumes and so on.
- Grains are starchy food, and they are high in carbohydrates which means these are good in calories
- Rice is like most common grains food(A cup of rice contains about 200 calories, and it is also the best source of carbohydrates, which contribute to weight gain. Many people find it easy to incorporate rice into meals containing proteins and vegetables.)
- Eating nuts regularly can help a person to gain weight safely. (Nuts can also be added to many meals, including salads. Raw and dry roasted nuts have the most health benefits. Nut butter made without added sugar means these oils can also help.)
Wholegrain bread contains complex carbohydrates and seeds, which can promote weight gain.
- Starches provide some of the foods already listed to boost muscle growth and weight gain.
- Vegetarian food that can help you gain weight
includes:Avocado, Quinoa, Tahini Olive Oil, Dried Fruit, Legumes, and Sweet Potatoes.
Not all foods/
Some people follow unhealthy food due to their old junk food habits.
I would suggest you guys to take utmost care while choosing any kind of diet .
Its always better to visit the professional dietician if you need to move ahead with your diet decisions may it be losing weight or gaining weight faster.
Note: Some diets are considered by clinicians to pose significant health risks and minimal long-term benefit. This is true of “crash” or “fad” dietssuch as, weight-loss plans that involve drastic changes to a person’s healthy eating habits.
Also Read: Diet For Diabetes
Best diet plan to gain weight
There are different types and different ways by which you can gain your weight.
Best diet plan are those plans that are followed healthily either through doctor or good dietician.
There are some types of food that can help in gaining weight in healthy way which are;
1. Milk: Protein shakes can help in gaining weight and in development of muscles examples are, yoghurt without any flavor, fresh milk without sugar.
Milk contains fat, carbohydrates, and proteins. It’s an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including calcium.
The most preferable milk should be skimmed milk for effective development of muscles and it can be added to the meal throughout the day
2. Rice: Rice is the most common food, it is easily accessible, it is also a starchy food and the main nutrient is carbohydrate.
A cup of rice contains about 200 calories and it is contribute to weight gain. It is advisable to incorporate it with vegetables
3. No Red meat: By reducing the intake of red meat has been shown to help in increasing of the body weight Steak contains both leonine and creatine, nutrients that play a significant role in boosting muscle mass.
Steak and red meats contain both protein and fat, which promote weight gain. While a person is advised to limit their intake, leaner cuts of red meat are healthier for the heart than fattier cuts.
4. Nuts and nut butter: Nuts are great snacks and Consuming of nuts regularly can help a person to gain weight safely.
Nuts are a great snack, both Raw or dry roasted nuts have the most health benefits.
5. Whole-grain breads: Whole grain breads are rich in carbohydrates which help in promoting the weight gain.
6. More starches: Starches in the above listed foods help in development of the muscles tissues as well as to promote the process of gaining weight and if added to the meal they help in boosting the calorie intake needed per day.
Other foods rich in starches include potatoes, corn, quinoa, buckwheat, beans, squash, oats, legumes, winter root vegetables, sweet potatoes, pasta, whole-grain cereals, whole-grain bread, cereal bars.
Apart from calories, starches provide energy in the form of glucose. Glucose is stored in the body as glycogen. Glycogen help to improve performance and energy during exercise.
7. Eggs: Eggs are highly in protein as the main component if nutrient and good fat.
You can consume your egg both fried and boiled depending on your health condition and your choice.
There are some menu you can prepare using eggs, they are includes; Spanish, omelet, scotch egg, yam and egg and so on.
8. Protein supplement: People who are willing to gain weight normally use protein supplement to boost their muscles mass often use protein supplements to boost muscle mass, in combination with resistance training.
9. Salmon: Salmon also contain calorie and as well rich in healthy fats, omega-3 and protein making it a good choice for those looking to gain weight.
10. Dried fruits: Dried fruits highly rich in some nutrient enrich are responsible for the growth of the muscles as well as calorie.
Talking of the food choice some people prefer dried fruit to fresh fruit and that doesn’t mean that they cannot get the nutrient they are looking for.
If fruit are properly preserved in hygienic way they can still maintain the nutritional content needed for the growth and development of the muscles to gain weight
11. Avocados: Avocados are also rich in calories and good fat for the proper growth of muscles including vitamins and minerals
12. Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is a high fat, high-calorie food. It also contains antioxidants. People willing and desire to gain weight should take more of dark chocolate
13. Fats and oils: The best oils to use are ones getting from olive and avocado.
Choosing the bay oil in the diet can result in heart problem and also contains calorie that are responsible for promoting the body weight.
14. Cheese: Cheese is also rich in fat, protein, calcium and calorie food. Looking for the way to gain weight, cheese consumption should added to the diet as it contains full-fat
15. Yogurt: Fresh yogurt protein also provides nutrient responsible for increasing in body weight.
It is very advisable to get the one unflavored and unsweetened to be able to maintain the nutritional content that are responsible for the development of gaining weight instead you can flavor your yoghurt with nut and fruit.
In your daily food consumption, most of the foods listed above should be at least two included in your diet for a quick, healthy and better result.
All the foods mentioned above can help people to gain weight and to develop muscles as they contain carbohydrates, protein, fat, minerals and vitamins.